Global Ranking of the Best Independent Ad Agencies
Why You May Want to Use Independent Advertising Agencies
When it comes to choosing an advertising agency among the choices you will have to make is whether to use an agency that is owned by a conglomerate or work with an independent agency. For small to mid-size companies the better choice is often to use independent ad agencies. One of the more obvious reasons is cost. Independent agencies tend to offer more competitive pricing and can be more flexible. With independent agencies you also usually get more personalized interactive marketing services than you will with a corporate owned agency. Another factor to consider is that with independent agencies it is more likely that you will be working with their senior talent rather than interns and recent college graduates as sometimes happens with the big agencies. Want to know the best part? Independent agencies tend to attract talent that is more innovative. Digital marketing changes quickly and you need innovative ideas and people who can quickly adapt to changes in order to remain competitive.
Ranking the Best Independent Ad Agencies
Ranking ad agencies can be difficult and quite likely there will be disagreement regarding who should be on the “best” list. Chances are you can check several lists and not come across the same names. What qualifies an agency as the best? The following is a list of the five most effective independent branding agencies in 2016 as determined by Effie in their list of global rankings:
- ACG Advertising Agency (Budapest, Hungary)
- Güzel Sanatlar (Istanbul, Turkey)
- MINT (Dubai, UAE)
- Droga5 (New York, USA)
- Wieden-Kennedy, (Oregon, USA)
Tips for Selecting Independent Digital Agencies
You shouldn’t run out and hire the first independent agency you talk to even if they come highly recommended. Before you start to look at agencies determine what it is you want and expect. Not every agency will be able to fulfill your particular needs. The following are a few tips for selecting independent digital advertising agencies to help you get started:
- Look at the agencies website: You can get an idea of who they are by how they present themselves on their own website
- Check if they are familiar with the latest trends: You will want to make sure they aren’t using strategies that are outdated and no longer effective.
- Agency reviews: Try and speak to some past and current clients of the agency to see what kind of experiences they have had with them. Talking with agencies clients can provide a more accurate picture of how they work
- Review case studies: Seeing an agency’s approach to a particular problem and how they resolved it is an important factor in selecting an agency. This is where you can see what impact they have had on their clients business
- Try and go local: This may not always be possible depending on your location. However being able to meet in person on a regular basis has plenty of benefits. If a local agency meets all of your requirements you may want to consider giving them the first shot.
Ultimately the best independent ad agencies for you are those that achieve or exceed the results you were hoping for.