7 Hints from the Best Small Ad Agencies
Reasons for Choosing Small Advertising Agencies
Having decided to integrate digital advertising into your marketing strategy what’s your next step? This is the question that many small business owners are faced with. They have been made aware of the importance of digital marketing to their business but don’t know where to begin. Many of them feel they can’t afford to hire a professional agency. If they are thinking of one of the big firms they are probably right. It gets better; an alternative is to go with one of the small digital agencies. A small agency may consist of only a handful of employee/partners but many of them offer high quality digital advertising services. The nature of much of digital marketing makes it possible for a small agency to deliver the same or even better quality than a much larger firm as well as the ability to do it for less. Small ad agencies have less overhead, and are more flexible than top digital media companies. You will most likely be dealing with the final decision maker in a small agency and also receive more personalized service. Unlike larger agencies that may have interns or trainees working on your account, with small agencies you generally work with their most experienced people. Using a small agency you can still develop an effective digital marketing strategy without a big budget.
Some Interesting Statistics and Facts about Digital Marketing
Here are seven interesting statistics that will influence the way many businesses use digital marketing:
- About one-third of the world’s population is now active on social media, with the number of users increasing 10% in the past year
- Nearly half of 1000 small business owners surveyed said they don’t know whether they’re marketing effectively and 14 percent stated they know they aren’t.
- 68% of companies have integrated mobile marketing into their overall marketing strategy. By 2019, mobile advertising will represent 72% of all US digital ad spending.
- 93% of organizations use social media content as their main content marketing tactic.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. Shoppers who view video are 1.81X more likely to purchase than non-viewers
- 62% of companies outsource all or part of their digital marketing tactics, usually those that are the most difficult to execute.
- In 2015 there was a 3800% ROI for email marketing. Around 60% of retailers are integrating email with social media channels like Facebook and Twitter, but just 36% use social media to improve the relevance of their email campaigns.
A small agency will be quite capable of developing and implementing a marketing strategy that is effective and relatively inexpensive based on the trends the above stats reflect.
Selecting the Best Small Ad Agencies
Here are a few tips and suggestions to help you choose the best small agency for your needs:
- Before you start to look at agencies you need to determine exactly what it is you want to achieve. A smaller agency won’t be an expert at every aspect of digital marketing and advertising. Look for one that specializes in the skills you need to achieve your goals
- Review case studies from other jobs the agency has done to see if their work is inline with what you want
- Check the agencies references and speak to some of their past/present clients. Find out what type of experiences they had and if they feel comfortable recommending the agency
- Approach your negotiations with agencies the same as you would the hiring process of a new employee. You should make sure they’re a good fit for your company culture as well as capable of providing the interactive marketing services you need.
Top Small Digital Advertising Agencies
The following is a list of some small agencies with 10 people or less that provide great service: